From: Shadow on
http://classicshell.sourceforge.net/

Brings back winXP "classic" menu, desktop, etc, for windows 7.

I only install a new version of windows when it stops
stinking. Windows 7 will be installed circa 2018, my health
permitting.
[]'s
From: Don Kirkman on
On Fri, 30 Jul 2010 17:32:39 -0300, Shadow <Sh(a)dow.br> wrote:

> http://classicshell.sourceforge.net/

> Brings back winXP "classic" menu, desktop, etc, for windows 7.

> I only install a new version of windows when it stops
>stinking. Windows 7 will be installed circa 2018, my health
>permitting.
> []'s

I've been using it from when I first I learned about it after
installing Win 7. It does a good job of simulating the classic folder
look, which was one of my main issues with Win 7. It can't get rid
entirely of the Library and Documents kind of stuff, but at least it
helps. I get less of those annoyances if I open Windows Explorer
with Win-key E than if I open it from the icon on the taskbar.

I can't recall now what it was, but there's a second "classic" option,
that I didn't activate. Maybe it was about the desktop.

Classic Shell has a dual "Start" button approach, switching from the
Win 7 to a simulated classic-type program and shut-down listings, but
this isn't a sticky setting unless there's an update I don't have,
which is annoying because you have to select it every time you want to
use it..

HTH
--
Don Kirkman
donsno2(a)charter.net
From: PDFrank on
Shadow wrote:

> Windows 7 will be installed circa 2018, my health
> permitting.

By that time it will no longer be supported.
From: Shadow on
On Fri, 30 Jul 2010 21:37:29 -0400, PDFrank <pdfrank(a)some.com> wrote:

>Shadow wrote:
>
>> Windows 7 will be installed circa 2018, my health
>> permitting.
>

>By that time it will no longer be supported.
Don't get me depressed. I've just upgraded from win98SE to
XP.... having a lovely time learning the ropes. Next you'll be telling
me XP support is limited too.
[]'s
From: Craig on
On 07/30/2010 06:45 PM, Shadow wrote:
> On Fri, 30 Jul 2010 21:37:29 -0400, PDFrank<pdfrank(a)some.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Shadow wrote:
>>
>>> Windows 7 will be installed circa 2018, my health permitting.
>>

>> By that time it will no longer be supported.
> Don't get me depressed. I've just upgraded from win98SE to XP....
> having a lovely time learning the ropes. Next you'll be telling me XP
> support is limited too. []'s

That's right.

Limited to "just" another decade...

<http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9179109/Microsoft_extends_Windows_XP_downgrade_rights_until_2020>