From: David Mark on
On Aug 6, 8:24 pm, Garrett Smith <dhtmlkitc...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2010-08-04 04:32 AM, Richard Cornford wrote:
>

> > On Aug 2, 10:32 am, David Mark wrote:
> > <snip>
> >> "The properties: document.body.clientHeight,
> >> document.body.clientWidth
> >> return different values on IE7, IE8 and Firefox:
> >> ... "
>
> >> This is certainly to be expected and not a problem at all, ...
> > <snip>
> >> "Paul A is right about why the discrepancy exists but the
> >> solution offered by Ngm is wrong (in the sense of JQuery).
>
> >> The equivalent of clientHeight and clientWidth in jquery
> >> (1.3) is $(window).width(), $(window).height()"
> > <snip>
>
> > The subject of this thread (Now I've seen everything) seems a little
> > over the top attached to a case of an individual who doesn't know any
> > better failing to ask the right question and getting a series of
> > different 'try this' response form people to whom stopping and finding
> > out what actual problem they are proposing 'solutions' for is
> > unimaginable. That is not unexpected, it is pretty much the norm for
> > web forums.
>
> Totally. I can't see reason for getting upset about someone who is
> admittedly confused.

As usual, you missed the point. Re-read my original post and see if
you can figure out who (or what) I was "upset" about.
From: Richard Cornford on
On Aug 7, 1:24 am, Garrett Smith wrote:
> On 2010-08-04 04:32 AM, Richard Cornford wrote:
<snip>
>> US bank who have a large internal IT department that employs
>> the 'web developers' who created this and 'Websphere experts'
>> to set up the servers so you would expect better (it is not
>> lack of funds that prevent them from hiring people who
>> understand what they are doing).
>
> US banks spend a lot of money on projects, mostly wasting it
> in process and red tape.

Much of the IT related 'red tape' I encounter from financial services
clients is about verifying that systems actually do what they are
supposed to be doing, which seems like a good thing to be verifying
when you are handling other people's money.

> They usually pay on the low-end of market rate and provide
> an environment that good developers find stifling.

An unwillingness/inability to direct funds towards employing competent
developers is not the same as not having the funds to do so.

Richard.
First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: JSON.parse error