From: "Jacob Kruger" on
Access denied for user 'ODBC'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in C:\wamp\www\spiraleye\sql.php on line 9
(Problem: Access denied for user 'ODBC'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
Warning: mysql_select_db(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in C:\wamp\www\spiraleye\sql.php on line 15

Line 9 is the following:
$con = mysql_connect($mySQLServer,$mySQLUsername, $mySQLPassword);

Line 15 is the following:
mysql_select_db($mySQLDB, $con);

I initially had this issue while trying to connect with the default, blank password for user, root, but now set the password to something else using phpmyadmin, and it works via mysql-front, but still gives me the same error/issue when trying to access the database via a PHP page?

Any thoughts?

TIA

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5213 (20100621) __________

http://www.eset.com

From: Pierre Joye on
hi,

On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 12:20 PM, Jacob Kruger <jacobk(a)mailzone.co.za> wrote:
> Access denied for user 'ODBC'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in C:\wamp\www\spiraleye\sql.php on line 9
> (Problem: Access denied for user 'ODBC'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
> Warning: mysql_select_db(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in C:\wamp\www\spiraleye\sql.php on line 15

The use called "ODBC" has no access to the mysql database. Check the
mysql manual to know how to create new users or give existing users
the correct permissions.

Cheers,
--
Pierre

From: "Jacob Kruger" on
I am actually using the root user, and via MySQL-Front, it has rights to
create structures, etc., so I think it's more to do with a setting of
another type...?

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA

From: "Jacob Kruger" on
Will try creating another user as well, but PHPMyAdmin isn't too great when
used with a screenreader <smile>

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA

From: "Jacob Kruger" on
The following lines set variable values:
$mySQLServer = "localhost";
$mySQLUsername = "root";
$mySQLPassword = "root";

The following line then tries to connect:

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5214 (20100621) __________

http://www.eset.com