From: aaaaa on
Is the term OEM strictly for hardware? I thought so.

Or, do software vendors release software copies which do not require
serial numbers or require a sn which applies to all copies of that
software installed on computers sold by a particular computer vendor?
In the latter case, how would one get said sn if he has to reinstall
the software and has no sn?

I have a friend in this bind. He bought a packaged program in
Florida, and now is back in NY, and cannot install it except as an
expired demo version. Does he need a paddle?

From: Tom Willett on
He needs a paddle. He paid money for a trial/demo version that would have
been free (for a period of time) to begin with. He got ripped off.

Yes, there is such a thing as OEM software. Yes, most would require an
activation key.

Google is your friend: oem software definition

:

From: aaaaa on
On Fri, 19 Feb 2010 13:51:39 -0600, "Tom Willett"
<tom(a)youreadaisyifyoudo.com> wrote:

>He needs a paddle. He paid money for a trial/demo version that would have
>been free (for a period of time) to begin with. He got ripped off.
>
>Yes, there is such a thing as OEM software. Yes, most would require an
>activation key.
>
>Google is your friend: oem software definition

Yeh - I thought of that after my post and found the same information
via Google. Wanted to remove my post, but couldn't.
Thanks for your response.