From: Vladimir Vassilevsky on

On TI OMAP-L138 DSP, there is a system register which contains "DSP
reset vector" (HOST1CFG::DSP_ISTP_RST_VAL). For some reason, the lower
10 bits of this register are set to 0.

Is this the address from which the DSP starts executing, or is this a
pointer to memory location from which the DSP reads the starting address?

I couldn't find any explanation in the docs. Presented this question to
support; no answer.

VLV
From: Andreas Huennebeck on
Vladimir Vassilevsky wrote:

> On TI OMAP-L138 DSP, there is a system register which contains "DSP
> reset vector" (HOST1CFG::DSP_ISTP_RST_VAL). For some reason, the lower
> 10 bits of this register are set to 0.

According to page 167 in SPRUGM7D (OMAP-L138 Applications Processor
System: Reference Guide, April 2010) these bits are reserved.

> Is this the address from which the DSP starts executing, or is this a
> pointer to memory location from which the DSP reads the starting address?

Maybe page 269 in SPRUGM7D gives a clue.

bye
Andreas
--
Andreas H�nnebeck | email: acmh(a)gmx.de
----- privat ---- | www : http://www.huennebeck-online.de