From: Kancharla on
Hi,
We are referring TMS320C674x/OMAP-L1x Processor Universal Serial Bus 2.0
(USB2.0) Controller specification (User's guide) and use case examples
given in this document to implement data transfer in C6748 DSP eval board
as peripheral device with a PC as a host USB.

1) Is referring the above mentioned user guide itself sufficient?
2) Who sets type of the USB device (such as memory device, human interface
device, mass storage device) and how to set it?

3) Our use case is, a PC application sends certain commands to the device
over USB and device responds with data. In this case, what can be USB
device type?

4) Is it required to set Vendor ID and/or Product ID to USB of C6748 DSP
eval board? If so, how to set it?

5) There is BIOSUSB package that came in CD with of C6748 DSP eval board.
What's the use case for this package?

6) Are there USB drivers available for C6748 DSP eval board on PC side to
communicate with the device?

Thanks & Regards,
Nani.

From: Jason on
On Jun 16, 7:43 am, "Kancharla" <nani.kancharla(a)n_o_s_p_a_m.gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hi,
> We are referring TMS320C674x/OMAP-L1x Processor Universal Serial Bus 2.0
> (USB2.0) Controller specification (User’s guide) and use case examples
> given in this document to implement data transfer in C6748 DSP eval board
> as peripheral device with a PC as a host USB.
>
> 1) Is referring the above mentioned user guide itself sufficient?
> 2) Who sets type of the USB device (such as memory device, human interface
> device, mass storage device) and how to set it?
>
> 3) Our use case is, a PC application sends certain commands to the device
> over USB and device responds with data. In this case, what can be USB
> device type?
>
> 4) Is it required to set Vendor ID and/or Product ID to USB of C6748 DSP
> eval board? If so, how to set it?
>
> 5) There is BIOSUSB package that came in CD with of C6748 DSP eval board.
> What’s the use case for this package?
>
> 6) Are there USB drivers available for C6748 DSP eval board on PC side to
> communicate with the device?
>
> Thanks & Regards,
> Nani.

For TI-device-specific questions, I would recommend their forums:

http://e2e.ti.com

TI employees are available there to answer questions; they can often
provide information that is either not present or not easily findable
in the available documentation.

Jason