From: Summing multiple fields on a form on
Ive created a database but can only open it by opening the database and
clicking on the switchboard. What do I need to do, to have it open to the
switchboard when I click on the database name?
From: pietlinden on
On Mar 27, 10:08 pm, Summing multiple fields on a form
<Summingmultiplefieldsonaf...(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Ive created a database but can only open it by opening the database and
> clicking on the switchboard.  What do I need to do, to have it open to the
> switchboard when I click on the database name?

Set the Switchboard to open in
Tools, Startup, Display Form/Page... then select the form you want to
open when the database opens.
From: John W. Vinson on
On Sat, 27 Mar 2010 20:08:01 -0700, Summing multiple fields on a form
<Summingmultiplefieldsonaform(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Ive created a database but can only open it by opening the database and
>clicking on the switchboard. What do I need to do, to have it open to the
>switchboard when I click on the database name?

Make the switchboard form the "startup form". The steps differ by version -
what flavor of Access are you running?
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]
From: Summing multiple fields on a form on
Thx pietlinden, but I am very very new to programming in Access (trying to
teach myself). Where is the Tools, that you want me to click on???

From: Summing multiple fields on a form on
Access 2007..thx John...I think this is the last thing I need to do....

"John W. Vinson" wrote:

> On Sat, 27 Mar 2010 20:08:01 -0700, Summing multiple fields on a form
> <Summingmultiplefieldsonaform(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Ive created a database but can only open it by opening the database and
> >clicking on the switchboard. What do I need to do, to have it open to the
> >switchboard when I click on the database name?
>
> Make the switchboard form the "startup form". The steps differ by version -
> what flavor of Access are you running?
> --
>
> John W. Vinson [MVP]
> .