From: apache007 on
I have Worksheet A containing a list of data:
Red, Yellow, Orange, Purple which is defined in NAME MANAGER as COLOR

Worksheet B on CELL A1, is user input data

A2 has the following formula
=OR(A1=COLOR)

User input : Red = FALSE
Yellow = FALSE
Orange = True
Purple = FALSE

The OR formula should produce TRUE value on the cell for all input that is
true. However, it is not the case. Where is the formula wrong?
From: Pete_UK on
Try this instead:

=ISNUMBER(MATCH(A1,COLOR,0))

Hope this helps.

Pete

From: מיכאל (מיקי) אבידן on
Your formula should be working as expected if it will be treated as an
'Array-Formula'.
{=OR(A1=COLOR)}
Which means:
It is to be confirmed with CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER rather than with simply ENTER.
The curly brackets {} are not to be typed manually, those are entered by the
“Excel”, when the formula is entered as an Array formula.
Micky