From: MeImNot on
Hi,
We are currently in the process of migrating from Ex2007 to Ex2010. We have
installed 2 new Ex2010 servers holding the CAS\HUB\UM roles, created an NLB
and CASArray with them and they seem to be working fine (no errors etc). The
only problem I have is that when I try to access the Outlook Web App and
Exchange ActiveSync from the EMC they are not displayed. After waiting around
10 minutes, they finally appear!!! In those 10 minutes the status of the EMC
is Refresh: In Progress. Anyone has any ideas? Thanks.
From: WJT on

Hi,

We are having a similar situation. We just installed our first Exchange 2010
server in our Exchange 2007 environment. Refresh taking ages, displaying
nothing under Outlook Web App. ( I havent waited that long but i believe
certainly for 8 minutes without any result, i will let it run now and see if
eventually something is displayed)

Also if I do the shell command 'Get-OwaVirtualdirectory |FL' it passes all
our Exchange servers and then hangs. This is accompanied by an entry ion the
eventviewer. See below for contents.

Log Name: Application
Source: MSExchange Configuration Cmdlet - Remote Management
Date: 4/1/2010 12:16:34 PM
Event ID: 8
Task Category: General
Level: Error
(PID 4764, Thread 31) Task Get-OwaVirtualDirectory throwing unhandled
exception when processing record of index 0. Exception:
System.Management.Automation.PipelineStoppedException: The pipeline has been
stopped.
at System.Management.Automation.MshCommandRuntime.ThrowIfStopping()
at System.Management.Automation.MshCommandRuntime.WriteObject(Object
sendToPipeline)
at System.Management.Automation.Cmdlet.WriteObject(Object sendToPipeline)
at
Microsoft.Exchange.Configuration.Tasks.GetTaskBase`1.WriteResult(IConfigurable dataObject)
at
Microsoft.Exchange.Management.SystemConfigurationTasks.GetVirtualDirectory`1.WriteResult(IConfigurable dataObject)
at
Microsoft.Exchange.Management.SystemConfigurationTasks.GetExchangeVirtualDirectory`1.WriteResult(IConfigurable dataObject)
at
Microsoft.Exchange.Configuration.Tasks.GetTaskBase`1.WriteResult[T](IEnumerable`1 dataObjects)
at
Microsoft.Exchange.Configuration.Tasks.GetTaskBase`1.InternalProcessRecord()
at
Microsoft.Exchange.Configuration.Tasks.GetObjectWithIdentityTaskBase`2.InternalProcessRecord()
at Microsoft.Exchange.Configuration.Tasks.Task.ProcessRecord()
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="MSExchange Configuration Cmdlet - Remote Management" />
<EventID Qualifiers="49152">8</EventID>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>1</Task>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<EventRecordID>3079</EventRecordID>
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer></Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>4764</Data>
<Data>31</Data>
<Data>Get-OwaVirtualDirectory</Data>
<Data>0</Data>
<Data>System.Management.Automation.PipelineStoppedException: The
[...]
at Microsoft.Exchange.Configuration.Tasks.Task.ProcessRecord()</Data>
<Data>{d81e86ac-fad8-4824-b39e-1122d809a32d}</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>