From: . on
Hello, we were given a compiled asp.net app which is running on our iis 5.0
(.net v2.0.50727.1873) server in which appears to be functioning fine for
the most part but one of the pages displays this subject's error and was
wondering if there could be an iis and/or server configuration that needs to
be adjusted since this is compiled and can't step through to debug it?
Thanks in advance.

From: Mr. Arnold on

"." wrote:

> Hello, we were given a compiled asp.net app which is running on our iis 5.0
> (.net v2.0.50727.1873) server in which appears to be functioning fine for
> the most part but one of the pages displays this subject's error and was
> wondering if there could be an iis and/or server configuration that needs to
> be adjusted since this is compiled and can't step through to debug it?
> Thanks in advance.

No IIS, config or server setting can be done to fix the problem. This is a
programming error, where as, a reference to an object is being used in the
program, but the object has not been instanciated (not there).
From: . on
Thanks Mr. Arnold for your quick reply, appreciate it. That's what my hunch
has been in wondering if there was like an app/session setting somewhere.
The only other thing I can think of is that it's using a db backend and
perhaps it's looking for some data that's not there but I've went through
all the tables numerous times and nothing appears to be missing. The
group's developer supposedly has the same copy running in their environment
and mentioned the error doesn't show up on theirs which was pondering if we
were given a buggy version then?

From: Mr. Arnold on
.. wrote:
> Thanks Mr. Arnold for your quick reply, appreciate it. That's what my hunch
> has been in wondering if there was like an app/session setting somewhere.
> The only other thing I can think of is that it's using a db backend and
> perhaps it's looking for some data that's not there but I've went through
> all the tables numerous times and nothing appears to be missing. The
> group's developer supposedly has the same copy running in their environment
> and mentioned the error doesn't show up on theirs which was pondering if we
> were given a buggy version then?

The other thing it might be is his machine is up today with patches 3rd
party or MS, and they are not present on the machine that is having the
problem.