From: martin3warrior@gmail.com on
In trying to compile one of my apps (vc++8, wxwidgets 2.6.3, static,
wxMSW, winxp), I get a strange linking error apparently related to
"DECLARE_CLASS( LangDialog )"

LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual class wxClassInfo
* __thiscall LangDialog::GetClassInfo(void)const "
(?GetClassInfo(a)LangDialog@@UBEPAVwxClassInfo@@XZ)

When I comment out the DECLARE_CLASS macro, everything compiles and
links fine, but then of course I lose the functionality of my class.

Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks,

-m3

From: Michael Wetherell on
On Sunday 20 Aug 2006 07:01, martin3warrior(a)gmail.com wrote:
> In trying to compile one of my apps (vc++8, wxwidgets 2.6.3, static,
> wxMSW, winxp), I get a strange linking error apparently related to
> "DECLARE_CLASS( LangDialog )"
>
> LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual class
> wxClassInfo * __thiscall LangDialog::GetClassInfo(void)const "
> (?GetClassInfo(a)LangDialog@@UBEPAVwxClassInfo@@XZ)
>
> When I comment out the DECLARE_CLASS macro, everything compiles and
> links fine, but then of course I lose the functionality of my class.
>
> Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks,

Hi,

You need to add IMPLEMENT_CLASS in the cpp file:
http://www.wxwindows.org/manuals/2.6.3/wx_rttimacros.html#implementclass

Regards,
Mike

For additional commands, e-mail: wx-users-help(a)lists.wxwidgets.org

Pages: 1
Prev: wxSizer to expand a window
Next: ODBC