From: Neil Holden on
I have a cell with 6 numbers in for example 098737.

Excel deletes the zeros off from the cell, when i right click format cells
and go to custom i change general to 000000 but it changes it to chinese?
Can anyone help please?
From: Huber57 on
Neil,

The quickest way to keep the formatting is to put an apostrophe in front of
your number. Like this: '098737

When you hit enter, Excel formats the cell as text and keeps your leading
zero.

HTH.