From: pom15595 on
I am using XP and use offline folders to keep important data on / up to date
on my laptop.

I have noticed that if I have a parent folder set to available offline, if I
add a sub-folder then this sub-folder and its contents are available offline.
However if someone else adds a sub-folder then this sub-folder (and its
contents) are not automatically available offline (even though the parent
folder is and theoretically all subfolders beneath it).

Has anyone else noticed this problem? Is there a fix?

As it is I have to periodically look through the folders to see if any new
subfolders have been added that are not available offline and make them so.

On this theme, if there is no way to automatically ensure the subfolders are
available offline, is there a smart way to search for subfolders (within a
particular parent folder) that are not available offline?

Thanks
From: Bernd on

-------- Original-Nachricht --------

> I am using XP and use offline folders to keep important data on / up to date
> on my laptop.
>
> I have noticed that if I have a parent folder set to available offline, if I
> add a sub-folder then this sub-folder and its contents are available offline.
> However if someone else adds a sub-folder then this sub-folder (and its
> contents) are not automatically available offline (even though the parent
> folder is and theoretically all subfolders beneath it).
>
> Has anyone else noticed this problem? Is there a fix?
>
> As it is I have to periodically look through the folders to see if any new
> subfolders have been added that are not available offline and make them so.
>
> On this theme, if there is no way to automatically ensure the subfolders are
> available offline, is there a smart way to search for subfolders (within a
> particular parent folder) that are not available offline?
>
> Thanks

1. That's by design:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc778661%28WS.10%29.aspx?ppud=4

Citation:

"All files and programs that users open from the share will be
automatically available offline (previously called Automatic Caching for
Documents and Automatic Caching for Programs). Selecting this option
makes every file that someone opens from your shared folder available
offline. However, only those files that have been opened are available
offline."

2. Maybe a policy helps:

Bernd