From: bthumber on
I have two buttons on a messaging form. A "To" (who's going to get the
message) and "Cc" (who's going to get a copy). The user choose the names from
a listbox that popup when the "To" button is clicked. When the user click the
"Ok" button the name is moved to the "To" label.

If the user now wishes to CC someone how do I get the "ok" button to know
I've click the "CC" and not the "To" and to put the name on the "CC" label?

I tried switch statement but was not working

view plaincopy to clipboardprint?
string text = btnTo.text;
switch (text.trim())
{
case "To":
Do something
break;
case "Cc":
Do something
break;
default:
Label1 += "Please choose To.";
}

string text = btnTo.text;
switch (text.trim())
{
case "To":
Do something
break;
case "Cc":
Do something
break;
default:
Label1 += "Please choose To.";
} view plaincopy to clipboardprint?

view plaincopy to clipboardprint?
Do know how to get one button to know which choice I maded To or Cc, To and
Cc

Do know how to get one button to know which choice I maded To or Cc, To and Cc

From: Alexey Smirnov on

http://www.aspdotnetfaq.com/Faq/How-to-determine-which-Control-caused-PostBack-on-ASP-NET-page.aspx
From: Mark Rae [MVP] on
"bthumber" <bthumber(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Do know how to get one button to know which choice I maded To or Cc, To
> and Cc

Although Alexey's suggestion will work, its usage is not encouraged. A much
better method (IMO) is to use CommandButtons rather than ordinary Buttons
and specify their CommandName and/or CommandArgument properties.
CommandButtons were designed precisely for this sort of scenario.

So, you create three buttons, set their OnClick property to the same
server-side method, but specify different CommandName properties for each
button:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.web.ui.webcontrols.button.commandname.aspx

--
Mark Rae
ASP.NET MVP

From: Alexey Smirnov on
On May 22, 1:27 pm, "Mark Rae [MVP]" <m...(a)markrae.net> wrote:
> "bthumber" <bthum...(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> > Do know how to get one button to know which choice I maded To or Cc, To
> > and Cc
>
> Although Alexey's suggestion will work, its usage is not encouraged. A much
> better method (IMO) is to use CommandButtons rather than ordinary Buttons
> and specify their CommandName and/or CommandArgument properties.
> CommandButtons were designed precisely for this sort of scenario.
>
> So, you create three buttons, set their OnClick property to the same
> server-side method, but specify different CommandName properties for each
> button:http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.web.ui.webcontrols.but...
>
> --
> Mark Rae
> ASP.NET MVPhttp://www.markrae.net