From: Peter Riedt on
One is the only number in natural mathematics

Natural mathematics is a system of using symbols (0-9, A-F, +, -,
*, /, = etc) and letters of the Latin and Greek alphabets to express
an infinite number of numbers or attributes of material entities as
values or define relationships between entities and forces by
formulas. Everything that can be verified by human senses or
instruments or has a measurable effect can be reduced to a
mathematical notation. To cater for the entire complexity of the
system 8 rules are required. Rules 1 and 2 ensure that natural
mathematics is consistent in all situations providing a system of
absolute perfection.

The 8 rules of natural mathematics are:

1. Natural mathematics uses number systems such as binary, octal,
decimal, duodecimal and hexadecimal to represent values. Each system
has only one basic number, the digit 1, but an infinite number of
derived numbers. Any number can be positive or negative. All derived
numbers are multiples or parts of -1 or +1 or a combination of
multiples and parts. Some numbers have special properties e.g. prime
numbers, infinite decimals, relative numbers, irrational numbers,
imaginary numbers and transcendental numbers. Zero and infinity are
not numbers or digits (refer Notes 1, 2 and 3).

2. Derived numbers are made up from strings of the basic number. In
the decimal system, the symbols 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 (digits 2 to 9)
represent strings 2 to 9 e. g. string 3 = 1 + 1 + 1 = 3.

3. Zero and the digits 1 to 9 can be grouped in any combination to
form derived numbers. In the decimal system, each digit in a group is
multiplied by 10 or multiples of 10 according to its position from the
right less 1. The results are added together e. g. 305001 =
3*10*10*10*10*10 + 5*10*10*10 + 1; 351 = 3*10*10 + 5*10 + 1. In the
other four systems, the position multiplier is 2, 8, 12 and 16
respectively. Negative numbers are created by multiplication with -1
e. g. -21 = 2*10 + 1 *-1.

4. Operators such as +, -, *, /, roots and powers etc can be used to
increment numbers by additive processes or decrement numbers by
subtractive processes. All processes are incremental (increasing a
value), decremental (decreasing a value) or comparative (comparing two
values to be LT, GT or equal to each other).

5. Any number can be represented by a Latin or Greek letter or a
combination of numbers and letters (expressions).

6. Formulas (equations) consist of two sets of numbers or expressions,
connected by the equal sign. When resolved, the values of set 1 and 2
will be equal if true or unequal if false.

7. Attributes are represented by letters or symbols. They require a
reference or definition.

8. Relationships are expressed by formulas.

Note 1: Zero is the dividing point between positive and negative
numbers. It represents the absence of a number. 1 - 1 = 0 but 1 apple
– 1 apple doesn’t mean that the apple has disappeared altogether. The
apple still exists in another place or form. Material entities can
only be moved or transformed; they cannot be destroyed or created from
nothing. Yet as nothing existed in the beginning and now a whole
universe can be observed and experienced, we must admit that ‘nothing’
has been the beginning of everything even though we cannot understand
how it happened.

Note 2: Infinity does not exist for material things. An infinitive
amount of any given material thing would preclude everything else i.e.
an infinite number of apples would mean an infinite universe of apples
and nothing else. In respect of time, there are four possibilities:
time with a beginning and end (finite time); time without a beginning
and end (infinite time); time with a beginning but no end (infinite
time opened); time with no beginning but an end (infinite time
closed). The birth of any member of a life form is infinite time
closed and death is infinite time opened. The period between birth and
death is infinite time interrupted. Other examples of infinity relate
to numbers. There is an infinite number of positive and negative
numbers and an infinite number of fractions between any two numbers.

Note 3. Both nothing and infinity are elements of the space outside
the universe (the void). The void is non-dimensional, immaterial and
timeless. The void contains an infinite amount of nothing and nothing
else. Nothing and infinity are companions.

Peter Riedt

From: Inertial on
"Peter Riedt" wrote in message

>One is the only number in natural mathematics

So .. mathematics is another area you don't know much about, but are still
going to pontificate on. Why am I not surprised.

From: eric gisse on
Peter Riedt wrote:
[snip idiotic blather]

Guess whose back with a new address saying new stupid things.
From: Thomas Heger on
Peter Riedt schrieb:
> One is the only number in natural mathematics

I think, there are five
0, 1, i, pi, e

TH
From: PD on
On Aug 12, 7:36 pm, Peter Riedt <rie...(a)yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> One is the only number in natural mathematics

Peter, mathematics is not about how you write down mathematical
expressions.
What you call "natural mathematics" is a handy guide for writing down
mathematical expressions, but that means that what you call "natural
mathematics" isn't really mathematics.

Plus, your dim programming experience makes you think, apparently,
that mathematics can be reduced to simple coding exercises. I'd like
to see how you get a cube root or a natural log to be a simple
"incrementing or decrementing" procedure.