From: Gilles Ganault on
Hello

I'd like to write a small web app in Python which must include a
forum.

So I checked the relevant article in Wikipedia, which says that only
one forum app is available for Python:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_internet_forum_software_(other)

Is Pocoo really the only solution available out there?

Thank you.
From: James Mills on
On Fri, Jul 9, 2010 at 6:18 PM, Gilles Ganault <nospam(a)nospam.com> wrote:
> Is Pocoo really the only solution available out there?

Did you bother to check pypi ?

cheers
James

1. http://pypi.python.org/

--
-- James Mills
From: Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven on
-On [20100709 10:22], Gilles Ganault (nospam(a)nospam.com) wrote:
>Is Pocoo really the only solution available out there?

Pocoo as a forum app has been dead for years.

Maybe Vithon (http://bitbucket.org/vithon/vithon-forum/src) does what you
want/need.

http://www.vithon.org/forum should be a live instance of it.

イェルーン ラウフロック ヴァン デル ウェルヴェン
All for one, one for all...
From: Stefaan Himpe on
No. See e.g. http://www.pyforum.org/

From: Bruno Desthuilliers on
Gilles Ganault a �crit :
> Hello
>
> I'd like to write a small web app in Python which must include a
> forum.
>
> So I checked the relevant article in Wikipedia, which says that only
> one forum app is available for Python:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_internet_forum_software_(other)
>
> Is Pocoo really the only solution available out there?

There are almost a dozen of Python "forum apps" for Django alone, and
Python is known as "the language with more web frameworks than keywords".