From: Craig on
Hi,

Is there a way I can open the vba editor from a command button?
From: OssieMac on
Hi Craig,

Do you mean with a button in the QAT (Quick Access Toolbar)? If so, right
click the blank space at end of QAT -> Customize Quick Access Toolbar -> In
the Choose commands from select All commands. Find Visual Basic and Add it.

--
Regards,

OssieMac

From: Craig on
apologies if i was not clear....i am trying to assist colleagues in writing
simple code. From a Userform i have done i want to include a button that when
clicked will take the user straight to 'view code' so they can input examples
of code i have prepared for them....trying to get more people to see how
useful vba can be!!!!!!

From: Chip Pearson on
Try a procedure like

Sub GotoVBA(Optional ModuleName As String)
Application.VBE.MainWindow.Visible = True

ThisWorkbook.VBProject.VBComponents(ModuleName).CodeModule.CodePane.Show
End Sub

ModuleName is the name of the module that you want to activate when
the VBA editor's main window is opened. E.g/.

Sub AA()
GotoVBA "MyCodeModule"
End Sub

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft Most Valuable Professional,
Excel, 1998 - 2010
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com

From: Peter T on
I assume you are aware of Alt-F11

Another way - in the Name box left of the input bar, simply enter the name
of a procedure that exists in any normal module. It doesn't need to be in
the same project as the activeworkbook, could even be the name of a
procedure in an addin.

Regards,
Peter T