From: GEdwards on
Rick and Gord,
Thanks for your feedback; my issue is now solved. I had the correct coding
as required however after debugging a larger macro that actually does the
OPEN, I later saw that I had a "Range(actvCell).select" (where actvCell was
defined as the active cell in the issuing macro). With that, it was of
course overriding my "Private Sub Workbook_Open()" routine.

Frustrated, but happy!