From: Finn on
Does anyone know how to open an extern file from a formular?
I have a formular with a field containing a filename related to a pdf
file in a directory c:\goods\drawings

I would like a button that opens the pdf file.
From: Salad on
Finn wrote:

> Does anyone know how to open an extern file from a formular?
> I have a formular with a field containing a filename related to a pdf
> file in a directory c:\goods\drawings
>
> I would like a button that opens the pdf file.

This might get you started.
http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0018.htm

From: Albert D. Kallal on

"Finn" <finnchr(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know how to open an extern file from a formular?
> I have a formular with a field containing a filename related to a pdf file
> in a directory c:\goods\drawings
>
> I would like a button that opens the pdf file.

Just use:

Application.FollowHyperlink "c:\goods\drawings\help.pdf"

--
Albert D. Kallal (Access MVP)
Edmonton, Alberta Canada

From: Bernard Peek on
On 30/12/2009 21:55, Albert D. Kallal wrote:
> "Finn"<finnchr(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Does anyone know how to open an extern file from a formular?
>> I have a formular with a field containing a filename related to a pdf file
>> in a directory c:\goods\drawings
>>
>> I would like a button that opens the pdf file.
>
> Just use:
>
> Application.FollowHyperlink "c:\goods\drawings\help.pdf"

OP is looking for a technique using a formula. Something like this would do:

BaseDir ="c:\docs\PDF\"

FileName ="fred"

Application.FollowHyperlink BaseDir & Filename & ".pdf"

In a real application FileName would probably have a value retrieved
from the database.

--
bap(a)shrdlu.com
From: Finn on
Bernard Peek skrev:
> On 30/12/2009 21:55, Albert D. Kallal wrote:
>> "Finn"<finnchr(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Does anyone know how to open an extern file from a formular?
>>> I have a formular with a field containing a filename related to a pdf
>>> file
>>> in a directory c:\goods\drawings
>>>
>>> I would like a button that opens the pdf file.
>>
>> Just use:
>>
>> Application.FollowHyperlink "c:\goods\drawings\help.pdf"
>
> OP is looking for a technique using a formula. Something like this would
> do:
>

> BaseDir ="c:\docs\PDF\"
>
> FileName ="fred"
>
> Application.FollowHyperlink BaseDir & Filename & ".pdf"
>
> In a real application FileName would probably have a value retrieved
> from the database.

Thank you for your respond - great help :-)
/Finn