From: Geoff on
I know how to do this...rather, I have done it in the past with previous
versions. I am using Access 2007.

I need to add a switchboard argument that opens a form in datasheet mode.
Why Microsoft has not made this choice available is anyone's guess.

Anyhoo, I can't find the Switchboard code. I go to form design and all there
are for event handling are a few embedded macros. If I View Code, the only
code is what I have written for other forms.

Please someone tell me what completely stupid thing I am not thinking of.
From: Jerry Whittle on
1. Create a macro or function to open the form in datasheet view.

2. Assign this macro or function to a button in the switchboard using the
Switchboard Manager under the Database Tools tab.
--
Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP

From: Geoff on
I found what I needed (with your inspiration). I went to the properties for
the button on the switchboard and opened the embedded macro for the click
event. I then added:

Condition: [Command]=9
Action: OpenForm
Arguments: =[Argument], Datasheet, , , Edit, Normal

Condition: ...
Action: StopMacro
Arguments:

Now I just change the Argument to 9 in the Switchboard Items table for any
form I want to open thusly.