From: Florian Effenberger on
Hi,

Stefan Taxhet (sonews) wrote on 2010-04-15 13.16:

> It would be great if the marketing project could pick this up, drive the
> effort and come to a result even appreciable for our users and
> contributors.

I've talked to Bernhard Dippold about that, and he proposed to wait with
a splash screen contest until the branding initative proceeded a bit
further.

He told me that it makes no sense to create a splash screen, when the
final branding elements are not set, and that the splash screen and
start center should look similar. As for the latter, there still seem to
be open issues, we should wait for 3.4 with creating a new splash
screen. (Bernhard, correct me if I've summarized things wrong.)

I'm happy to hear your comments on that, but I feel that Bernhard's
concerns are very valid.

Florian

--
Florian Effenberger <floeff(a)openoffice.org>
OpenOffice.org Marketing Project Lead

For additional commands, e-mail: discuss-help(a)openoffice.org

From: Florian Effenberger on
Hi,

Stefan Taxhet (sonews) wrote on 2010-04-15 13.16:

> > To accommodate that initially these elements will carry only the
> > OpenOffice.org logo, the modified text and the sponsor logo on white
> > background. For a new splash we count on an effort run by the OOo
> > project.
>
> An earlier "contest/concourse" is described in our Wiki.
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/w/index.php?title=Art/Gallery/OOo3_Splash_Screen&direction=next&oldid=89477
>

> It would be great if the marketing project could pick this up, drive the
> effort and come to a result even appreciable for our users and
> contributors.

in yesterday's marketing conference call, we agreed to shift the splash
screen contest to 3.4. At the moment, the branding guidelines are not
finished yet, and the trademark policy is missing as well, therefore it
makes sense to wait until both are ready and then start with a common
branding effort and our splash screen.

Florian