From: Tammy S. on
I have a hyperlink to a wiki that opens in my database window. I have to
click the back button to return to the database. Can the wiki be opened in a
seperate window?
From: Dirk Goldgar on
"Tammy S." <TammyS(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a hyperlink to a wiki that opens in my database window. I have to
> click the back button to return to the database. Can the wiki be opened
> in a
> seperate window?

That sounds strange. What is the hyperlink address, and how do you invoke
the hyperlink?

--
Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP

(please reply to the newsgroup)

From: Tammy S. on
The wiki is on an intranet, providing it won't help you get to it and company
policy won't let me share it. I used insert, hyperlink to included it in the
form. Should I have used a command button instead? If so, don't know how to
make it open Internet Explorer.

From: Douglas J. Steele on
Try using Application.FollowHyperlink "http://....."

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://www.AccessMVP.com/DJSteele

From: Dirk Goldgar on
"Tammy S." <TammyS(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The wiki is on an intranet, providing it won't help you get to it and
> company
> policy won't let me share it. I used insert, hyperlink to included it in
> the
> form. Should I have used a command button instead? If so, don't know how
> make it open Internet Explorer.

Clicking an http: hyperlink shouldn't cause the web page to open in your
database window, but rather in your default web browser. That's why I asked
what the hyperlink address is. But if it's policy not to reveal it, I
understand. It might help to know the overall format of it, though.

Is this hyperlink stored as a hyperlink field in a table? What sort of
control is it attached to? How did you insert it?

As Doug Steele suggested, you can add a (non-hyperlink) command button to
your form that executes the statement:

Application.FollowHyperlink <your URL>

That ought to open the hyperlink in your web browser. But I don't
understand what is going on with your current hyperlink, and I'm very
curious.

--
Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP

(please reply to the newsgroup)