From: Charles on
I see how in the engineering formulas you can enter a complex number, but I
don't seem to be able to multiply them using the usual * function. Is there
some special way you are supposed to operate on complex numbers?

Thanks
From: Jim Cone on
In the Excel help file under "Engineering functions" you will find several functions that claim to deal with complex
numbers: "Complex" and "Imaginary" for starters.
The help file subject may be different in your version of Excel as MS makes random changes in each new release.

Also, here is a reference on using VBA code to format complex numbers...
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/213294
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

From: Dana DeLouis on
Hi. The function "IMPRODUCT" is what you need.

=IMPRODUCT(A1,A2)

HTH :>)
Dana DeLouis