From: Anthony Ching on
I am using Access 2007. When I use Developer's Extension to create .accdr
with Access Runtime to run on machines with Office 2003 only, the above
message comes up when I tried to use the "Update" statement. the .accdr works
fine on my machine though.

The statement I tried to execute is:

Dim strSql As String
Dim cn As ADODB.Connection

On Error GoTo Change_Err

Set cn = CurrentProject.Connection
strSql = "UPDATE [User Identification] SET [Password] = '" & ([New
Password]) & "', [Date Last Change] = #" & Now() & "# WHERE [User ID]= '" &
TempVars!CurrentUser & "';"
cn.Execute strSql

Password and User ID are both alphanumeric.

Can someone help. Thanks.

--
Anthony
From: Debra on

From: Jerry Whittle on
I don't see anything obvious. My suggestion is to create a plain old query as
similar as possible to your code. See if there are any problems running it
that way.
--
Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP

From: Anthony Ching on
Thanks Jerry. I tried that and the same problem appears. Can it be something
different between the 2003 and 2007 office jet engine. Btw, the database is
split and the data portion resides in a server.
--
Anthony

From: Gina Whipp on
Anthony,

Check your References... sounds like it might be Access getting confused
between the versions.

--
Gina Whipp
2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)