From: John W Kennedy on

On Apr 20, 2010, at 6:42 AM, Sean Carlos wrote:

> It's free here:
>
> http://www.sun.com/software/star/odf_plugin/
>
> "Get it now FREE" button
>
> but bait and switch, $90 here:
>
> http://www.sun.com/software/star/odf_plugin/get.jsp

$9000, actually, since they have a minimum order of 100.

They're also charging, also with minimum orders, for what they call "Oracle Open Office".

--
John W Kennedy
"Those in the seat of power oft forget their failings and seek only the obeisance of others! Thus is bad government born! Hold in your heart that you and the people are one, human beings all, and good government shall arise of its own accord! Such is the path of virtue!"

For additional commands, e-mail: discuss-help(a)openoffice.org

From: Lars Nooden on
On 04/20/2010 04:53 PM, John W Kennedy wrote:

> $9000, actually, since they have a minimum order of 100.
>
> They're also charging, also with minimum orders, for what they call "Oracle Open Office".

Which brings up some interesting problems with marketing confusion.

/Lars

For additional commands, e-mail: discuss-help(a)openoffice.org

From: jonathon on

For additional commands, e-mail: discuss-help(a)openoffice.org

From: Mike Scott on
jonathon wrote:

> Sean Carlos wrote:
>> It's free here:
>>
>> http://www.sun.com/software/star/odf_plugin/
>>
>> "Get it now FREE" button
>
> No "Get it now Free" button when I go to that URL.

It did yesterday - I looked.

Today, it now says "ODF Plugin licensing has changed" and gives the
(unit) price. Maybe someone there reads this list?! :-}

For additional commands, e-mail: discuss-help(a)openoffice.org