From: Davidlohr Bueso on
Hi,

I have been going through Documentation/filesystems/sysfs.txt, and
noticed what I believe to be either outdated or incomplete:

The "Top Level Directory Layout" mentions
block/
bus/
class/
dev/
devices/
firmware/
net/
fs/

We seem to be missing kernel, power, hypervisor, module, etc.

dave(a)cowboy:~$ ls /sys/
block class devices fs kernel power
bus dev firmware hypervisor module

I am preparing a patch to complete this, but could someone confirm first
that this is actually what is meant.

Thanks,
Davidlohr

From: Greg KH on
On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 06:05:21PM -0400, Davidlohr Bueso wrote:
> Hi,

Any reason you didn't send this to the current sysfs maintainer?

> I have been going through Documentation/filesystems/sysfs.txt, and
> noticed what I believe to be either outdated or incomplete:
>
> The "Top Level Directory Layout" mentions
> block/
> bus/
> class/
> dev/
> devices/
> firmware/
> net/
> fs/
>
> We seem to be missing kernel, power, hypervisor, module, etc.
>
> dave(a)cowboy:~$ ls /sys/
> block class devices fs kernel power
> bus dev firmware hypervisor module
>
> I am preparing a patch to complete this, but could someone confirm first
> that this is actually what is meant.

It would be nice to have it match up to reality, Documentation usually
lags.

thanks,

greg k-h