From: Ken Rea on
Hello,

We have a problem here with our users sending BIG emails (over 10megs) to
Yahoo email accounts. Yahoo does not accept emails over 10megs in size so
these emails sit in the queue and our server tries to send these big emails
out every 15 minutes for the next 5 days. It can get where it is clogging
our bandwidth on our outgoing pipe if there is enough of these things trying
to go out.

Anyway is there a way with sendmail where you can restrict the size limit
that a user can send to a certain domain? (ie. user cannot send email to
yahoo accounts over 10 megs in size)

Thanks,

Ken

From: Claus Aßmann on
Ken Rea wrote:

> We have a problem here with our users sending BIG emails (over 10megs) to
> Yahoo email accounts. Yahoo does not accept emails over 10megs in size so

If they don't accept more than 10MB why do they advertise 40MB?

220 mta166.mail.sp2.yahoo.com ESMTP YSmtp service ready
ehlo example.com
250-mta166.mail.sp2.yahoo.com
250-8BITMIME
250-SIZE 41943040
250 PIPELINING
MAIL From:<user(a)example.com> SIZE=10485760
250 sender <user(a)example.com> ok
rset
250 reset ok
MAIL From:<user(a)example.com> SIZE=41943042
552 message size exceeds maximum message size

Can you show an example of what's going wrong?
From: Ken Rea on
Here is a link that tell of their size limits:
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090128094713AAZ0SP3

I don't have an example sitting in my queue right now but believe me they do
not make it.

Thanks,

Ken