From: PeterM on
I've searched thru this forum and can't find exactly the issue I need to
resolve. I have developed a calendar in AC2003. I have developed a process
to export the calendar entry from access to the outlook calendar which works
great. My user is now requesting the ability to view (or thru VBA) the
entries in the Outlook calendar from within access? Unfortunately my
database has no way to know if an entry in the access database already exists
in the Outlook calendar. Is there a way to determine that?

Thanks for your time.
From: PieterLinden via AccessMonster.com on
PeterM wrote:
>I've searched thru this forum and can't find exactly the issue I need to
>resolve. I have developed a calendar in AC2003. I have developed a process
>to export the calendar entry from access to the outlook calendar which works
>great. My user is now requesting the ability to view (or thru VBA) the
>entries in the Outlook calendar from within access? Unfortunately my
>database has no way to know if an entry in the access database already exists
>in the Outlook calendar. Is there a way to determine that?
>
>Thanks for your time.
You can attach/query most outlook objects from within Access. The quickest
way to see if this will work for you is to
File, Get External Data, Link, then change the source to Outlook... then you
can go to the Calendar and you'll get all the items in the calendar. Then it
will query just like an Access table.

From: PeterM on
Pieter...

Thanks for the information. I tried that successfully and did connect to my
calendar however, when I look at the outlook calendar it's missing the date
of the event. It has almost everything else, but no date which I need to
check for duplicates with my access database.

I used both Outlook() and Exchange() as the type for the table link and got
the same results.

What am I missing?

Thanks

From: Risse on

"PeterM" <PeterM(a)discussions.microsoft.com> kirjoitti
viestiss�:85593D7B-5EBB-49DA-90B8-76983AB25090(a)microsoft.com...