From: Alstar on
Hey Guys,

I have a very odd issue and it just started, when a user first logs on to a
machine with his username and password and tries to create an outlook profile
for the first time it defaults to a server called "Kexchange" and we dont
have any server by that and never did.

Usually the logon script we have picks up the user's logon DC and the
Exchnage so when we go and configure outlook for the first time it usually
should pick it up but in this case it is not which is odd.

Any ideas? I bumped up up the logging on the NSPI proxy I got the usual 9040
event, all the mailflow is fine its just that when we configure the profile
for the first time this happens..

From: M on
It'd be helpful if you include the versions of Outlook and Exchange.

--
Regards,
MCTS, MCSA

From: Rich Matheisen [MVP] on
On Thu, 17 Jun 2010 04:17:22 -0700, Alstar
<Alstar(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have a very odd issue and it just started, when a user first logs on to a
>machine with his username and password and tries to create an outlook profile
>for the first time it defaults to a server called "Kexchange" and we dont
>have any server by that and never did.
>
>Usually the logon script we have picks up the user's logon DC and the
>Exchnage so when we go and configure outlook for the first time it usually
>should pick it up but in this case it is not which is odd.
>
>Any ideas? I bumped up up the logging on the NSPI proxy I got the usual 9040
>event, all the mailflow is fine its just that when we configure the profile
>for the first time this happens..

If your login script is creating a .prf file then you should be able
to see the values it sticks in there.

The only way you'll find the name of the Exchange server in that
script is to get the value from the AD. If the value in the AD is
correct then the login script must be doing something wrong.
---
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP