From: Otto Moehrbach on
Excel 2007, Win 7
I have the following line of code wherein I want to average the occupied
cells in TheRng, and ignore the blank cells:
Cells(1,2) = Application.Sum(TheRng) / Application.CountA(TheRng)
I get an error with the single word "Overflow".
What does that error message mean? Thanks for your time. Otto

From: Don Guillett on
As ALWAYS, post YOUR code for comments. Could be a dim problem
And, what's wrong with cells(1,2)=application.average(therng)
--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

From: Otto Moehrbach on
Thanks Don. The problem I thought I had was that the user might place a
zero in a cell or leave it blank without giving it a thought. AVERAGE
ignores the blank cells and doesn't ignore the cells that contain zeros. I
got with the OP to clarify what he wants and, to my chagrin, he wants the
cells summed and then divided by the count of the cells. My code would then
be:
Application.Sum(TheRng)/TheRng.Count
I did that and I got no error.
Thanks again. Otto

From: FSt1 on
hi
could mean that you have TheRng dimed as a integer and your average is
producing decimals. could be as simple as rediming to a double. but as Don
pointed out...without seeing your code (and sometimes data), we are only
guessing.

regards
FSt1