From: RichD on
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/08/science/Wpolynom.html?_r=1

How would algebraic geometry contribute to resolving this question?

--
Rich
From: Gerry on
On Nov 14, 1:13 pm, RichD <r_delaney2...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/08/science/Wpolynom.html?_r=1
>
> How would algebraic geometry contribute to resolving this question?

I don't know. Have you tried reading the article in CACM
that is referenced in the Times?
--
GM
From: rich burge on

From: http://people.cs.uchicago.edu/~fortnow/papers/pnp-cacm.pdf

"In essence, they define a family of high-dimension poly-
gons Pn based on group representations on certain algebraic
varieties. Roughly speaking, for each n, if Pn contains an
integral point, then any circuit family for the Hamiltonian
path problem must have size at least nlog n on inputs of size
n, which implies P != NP. Thus, to show that P != NP it
suffices to show that Pn contains an integral point for all n."

Rich
From: zzbunker on
On Nov 13, 9:13 pm, RichD <r_delaney2...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/08/science/Wpolynom.html?_r=1
>
> How would algebraic geometry contribute to resolving this question?

Well, it doesn't. The idiot New York Times is one of those idiot
organizations that can uniderstand what arbitrality complex means.
Which is why the non-idiot people invented Digital Books, mp3, and
mpeg
rather than New York City. It's why they invented weather
satellites,
data fusion, cyber batteries, desktop publishing, mulitiplexed
fiber optics,
blue ray, Post 1950 cell phones, HDTV, and home broadband, rather
than the Wall Street Journal.

It's why they invented GPS, UAVs, Atomic Clock Wristwaches, Light
Sticks,
Rapid Prototyping, and The 21st Century, rather than Boeing.
It's why they invented XML, rather than AT&T.
It's why they invented USB, Flash Memory, and Self-Replicating
Machines,
rather than IBM.
It's why they invented Microwave Cooling, and All-In-One Printers,
rather than the idiot AP.

From: RichD on
On Nov 14, "zzbun...(a)netscape.net" <zzbun...(a)netscape.net> wrote:
>    It's why they invented Microwave Cooling,

Microwave cooling?

--
Rich