From: Rob Christiansen on
<input type="radio" name= "RecnumToModify" ACCESSKEY= "<%
Response.Write( rs("id").Value ) %>" >
</TD>

</TR>

</TABLE>

<FORM ACTION= "http://ccs2468.com/santa/stagrecnum.asp" METHOD= POST >
<input type=submit name= BUTTON value= Tag >
</form>
<%
}

ON SUBMIT, SCRIPT PASSES TO http://ccs2468.com/santa/stagrecnum.asp BUT
HOW DO I PASS THE VALUE OF RecnumToModify?

<%@ Language=JavaScript %>
<%

Response.Write( "RecnumToModify= "+ RecnumToModify+"<br>" );
%>

[
Microsoft JScript runtime error '800a1391'
'RecnumToModify' is undefined
/santa/stagrecnum.asp, line 23
]

From: Richard Cornford on
On Mar 11, 5:09 pm, Rob Christiansen wrote:
> <input type="radio" name= "RecnumToModify" ACCESSKEY= "<%
> Response.Write( rs("id").Value ) %>" >
> </TD>
>
> </TR>
>
> </TABLE>
>
> <FORM ACTION= "http://ccs2468.com/santa/stagrecnum.asp"
> METHOD= POST >
> <input type=submit name= BUTTON value= Tag >
> </form>
> <%
> }
>
> ON SUBMIT, SCRIPT PASSES TOhttp://ccs2468.com/santa/stagrecnum.aspBUT
> HOW DO I PASS THE VALUE OF RecnumToModify?
<snip>

Your RecnumToModify radio button does not have a VALUE attribute, but
instead has a rather elaborate ACCESSKEY attribute. While there is no
value there is no potential for passing it.

Richard.
From: Asen Bozhilov on
Richard Cornford wrote:
> On Mar 11, 5:09 pm, Rob Christiansen wrote:

> Your RecnumToModify radio button does not have a VALUE attribute, but
> instead has a rather elaborate ACCESSKEY attribute. While there is no
> value there is no potential for passing it.

At all Rob's markup is broken. He should move input element with name
attribute "RecnumToModify" as child of form element.

From: Rob Christiansen on
OK I changed back. I had tried something I saw in a book
-----------------
<input type="radio" name= "RecnumToModify" value= "<%
Response.Write( rs("id").Value ) %>" >
</TD>

</TR>

</TABLE>

<FORM ACTION= "http://ccs2468.com/santa/stagrecnum.asp" METHOD= POST >
<input type=submit name= submit value= Tag >
</form>
<%
}

From: Evertjan. on
Rob Christiansen wrote on 11 mrt 2010 in comp.lang.javascript:

> OK I changed back. I had tried something I saw in a book
> -----------------
> <input type="radio" name= "RecnumToModify" value= "<%
> Response.Write( rs("id").Value ) %>" >
> </TD>
>
> </TR>
>
> </TABLE>
>

> <FORM ACTION= "http://ccs2468.com/santa/stagrecnum.asp" METHOD= POST >
> <input type=submit name= submit value= Tag >
> </form>

Never do that, older IE will mangle the name/valie of a submit, use a
hidden valure.

> <%
>}
>
> ON SUBMIT, SCRIPT PASSES TO http://ccs2468.com/santa/stagrecnum.asp BUT
> HOW DO I PASS THE VALUE OF RecnumToModify?

var recnumtomodify = Request.form("RecnumToModify");

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.