Prev: [PATCH v4 3/3] hwmon: Update MAINTAINERS for smm665 driver
Next: [PATCH v4 1/3] hwmon: Driver for SMM665 Six-Channel Active DC Output Controller/Monitor
From: Guenter Roeck on 25 Jun 2010 10:50
This patchset adds support for the monitoring features of the Summit
Microelectronics SMM665 Six-Channel Active DC Output Controller/Monitor.
- Added (untested) support for SMM465, SMM764, and SMM766.
- Added vref module parameter to support non-default values of VREF_ADC.
- Added an explanation describing what the chip does with _min and _max limit
- Removed alarm sysfs files (since the chip does not report alarm status in a
register, alarm detection was implemented by comparing limits with ADC readings,
which can as well be done in userland).
- Replaced register enums with defines.
- Made limit variable names better readable.
- Removed retries from smm665_read_adc().
- Check error reply from i2c_smbus_read_byte_data() and only accept ENXIO
when expecting NACK.
- Explained reason for byte swap after reading ADC registers in some more detail.
- Added debug messages to display the error reason when reading ADC registers
- Return error codes from smm665_read_adc().
- Abort after first error in smm665_update_device() and return error code.
- Return ADC read errors to user.
- Added inX_lcrit and inX_crit attributes for min/max critical voltages.
- Added tempX_lcrit attribute for critical low temperature.
- Updated sysfs-interface to document support for new attributes.
- Added missing unlock in error handling of smm665_update_device().
- Fixed minor style issue in MAINTAINERS
- Removed update to sysfs-interface from patchset since it has already
- Added lcrit and crit attributes to driver documentation.
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
the body of a message to majordomo(a)vger.kernel.org
More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/