From: Jack B on
Any idea why my Old pc crashes (like it momentarily lost power and
immediately starts to reboot) when touched sometimes?

Jack

From: yuppicide on
Sounds like an issue with static electricity 'causing a short somewhere..
I'm guessing by touch you mean touching metal, like the case is metal.

From: Jack B on
The case is plastic and metal.
It's weird -- sometimes when I put my hand on the top (pressing a bit) as I
look to the back of the pc, for instance, that's one example of when it can
happen.

Jack

=======================

From: Bob I on
Power cord securely inserted?

From: Antares 531 on
If you have one available, try a different power cord. The one you're
using may have a bad connection where the cord joins the metallic
socket connector, and when you move the case this causes the cord to
flex, breaking this contact sporadically, but long enough to cause a
shut-down.

On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 11:12:08 -0400, "Jack B"
<jslimp01nospam(a)earthlink.net> wrote:

>The case is plastic and metal.
>It's weird -- sometimes when I put my hand on the top (pressing a bit) as I
>look to the back of the pc, for instance, that's one example of when it can
>happen.
>
>Jack
>
>=======================
>
>"yuppicide" <yuppicide138(a)optonline.net> wrote in message
>> Sounds like an issue with static electricity 'causing a short somewhere..
>> I'm guessing by touch you mean touching metal, like the case is metal.
>>
>> "Jack B" <jslimp01nospam(a)earthlink.net> wrote in message
>> > Any idea why my Old pc crashes (like it momentarily lost power and
>> > immediately starts to reboot) when touched sometimes?
>> >
>> > Jack
>> >

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Event Logs