From: Jeff Needle on
I'm a book reviewer. I received a book with a CD with the text of the
book enclosed, with the files in PDF format. Great stuff, I don't have
retype stuff I want to cite in the review.

But Adobe won't let me copy text to the clipboard. I can highlight text,
but that's it. Ctrl-c doesn't work. I'm guessing the creator of the CD
set it up so that copying and pasting is not allowed.

Is there a way around this? Maybe a freeware PDF reader that gets around
the restriction?

Thanks.

--
--------------------------------------
Jeffrey Needle
From: old jon on

"Jeff Needle" <jeff.needle(a)general-net.com> wrote in message
> I'm a book reviewer. I received a book with a CD with the text of the
> book enclosed, with the files in PDF format. Great stuff, I don't have
> retype stuff I want to cite in the review.
>
> But Adobe won't let me copy text to the clipboard. I can highlight text,
> but that's it. Ctrl-c doesn't work. I'm guessing the creator of the CD
> set it up so that copying and pasting is not allowed.
>
> Is there a way around this? Maybe a freeware PDF reader that gets around
> the restriction?
>
> Thanks.

Acrobat Reader 6 does it on my XP. ?.

From: Le Loup on
Jeff Needle a ?crit :
> I'm a book reviewer. I received a book with a CD with the text of the
> book enclosed, with the files in PDF format. Great stuff, I don't have
> retype stuff I want to cite in the review.
> But Adobe won't let me copy text to the clipboard. I can highlight
> text, but that's it. Ctrl-c doesn't work. I'm guessing the creator of
> the CD set it up so that copying and pasting is not allowed.
> Is there a way around this?

asking the author or publisher ?

Cordialement,
Herv? LOTH
--
LE LOUP THEATRE
www.lelouptheatre.tk
From: battles1550 on
I think that something else works like right mouse click on text /
click menu item - copy. Try highlighting and using the menu item copy
if present.

From: PDFrank on
Jeff Needle wrote:

> I'm a book reviewer. I received a book with a CD with the text of the
> book enclosed, with the files in PDF format. Great stuff, I don't have
> retype stuff I want to cite in the review.
>
> But Adobe won't let me copy text to the clipboard. I can highlight
> text, but that's it. Ctrl-c doesn't work. I'm guessing the creator of
> the CD set it up so that copying and pasting is not allowed.
>
> Is there a way around this? Maybe a freeware PDF reader that gets
> around the restriction?
>
> Thanks.

Download the free Foxit PDF Editor. It doesn't seem to care if the PDF
is copy protected. Unless the program's been changed.
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Prev: ccleanup
Next: ?Torrent 1.1.2