From: Barbara Duprey on
Bruce Martin wrote:
> Dear Erik and Barbara:
>
> I gather at least one of you is a school teacher! Have you seen the
> "Teacher's Pet" option?

I don't know about Erik (who, by the way, is not subscribed to the
list), but I'm not a teacher. I have taught seniors at a local center to
use their computers, unfortunately before I encountered OOo. Mostly
they'd been given the computers by their "kids" and had no idea what to
do with them! I think there are a lot of things common to both those
kinds of students, in terms of creating fun stuff without a lot of fuss,
and if I ever get back into that I'll check out the kinds of things you
bring up here.
> For kids, you can do a lot with that and Oo draw. I am trying something
> myself to produce Christian depictions based on kids colouring pages (there
> pages are generally not copyrighted.)
>
> Eventually I have some ideas to make these depictions independent of the
> colouring pages and give them dimensions that are not feasible on paper.
>
> I have also used Oo Draw many times in presenting Toastmasters' speeches,
> maintaining a freetoasthost website and more. I have also developed custom
> colours and gradients.
>
> Added to that there is the CADOo project which seems quite extensive for a
> new project, although it does not do all Autocad does (and doesn't cost over
> $5000 a seat either.)
>
> I originally learned to do 3D mechanical drawing on a drafting board in the
> 60's and have followed this for the decades since, using it for both the
> schematic and the mechanical/visual side of drawing in my career as an
> industrial electronic technician.

Me too! I took Mechanical Drawing as an elective in high school in 1961
-- preferred it to Home Ec!

> <snip>

For additional commands, e-mail: discuss-help(a)openoffice.org