From: Peter T on
You have given a very detailed description but could you confirm a couple of
small things which seem to be different between your 2003 & 2007

In 2003 you say the created folder is XLINICIO (without an accent)
In 2007 you say the created folder is XLIN�CIO (with an acute accent)

In 2003 the file is named PESSOAL.XLS
In 2007 the file is named PERSONAL.XLSB

This part is very strange -

> Runnin Excel 2007, a empty pattern workbook is opened and nothing more
> occurs. The file PERSONAL.XLSB is not opened.

*All* files in the start folder should open, including PERSONAL.XLSB even if
that is not truly recognized as the Personal file.
But if you rename the file to PESSOAL.XLSB then it does open but as an
ordinary file, hidden so you will not see any default file (this aspect
makes sense if this name is not recognized as the Personal.

I understand why you feel it is a bug. However if it is a bug that impacts
many people I'm surprised not only I don't know about it but nobody else has
confirmed in this thread. In my experience reporting as a bug to MS will not
get very far unless it can be reproduced. Almost certainly the person who
"triages" the report will not be able to reproduce it. Possibly there is
something else about your overall setup that is causing the problem.

In the meantime hopefully this workaround will enable a default workbook to
open and also a file that's similar to your Personal, albeit not a truly a
Personal.
Name the file to anything that will open (eg PESSOAL.XLSB) and keep it in
the start folder.
Create a new workbook
SaveAs the new workbook as a template in the start folder with the
Portuguese equivalent of this name
Book1.xltx
Change "Book" to the Portuguese name of a default workbook, but be sure to
add the "1".

Regards,
Peter T