From: "Ernie Kemp" on

Simple idea I thought.

I need a webpage that displays a drop down list of number with a checkbox on
the side that when checked will select the database again only in descending
order.

Small database with maybe 100 records.

The user can click the submit button when they have located the correct
number.

The trick is to make the checkbox trigger a new Select statement.

Thanks.

From: kranthi on
You can use javascript to trigger an onclick function every time a checkbox
is selected.
The onclick function can make an ajax call to a remote php script which can
then make the database query.
From: Nilesh Govindarajan on
On 04/12/10 05:46, Ernie Kemp wrote:
> Simple idea I thought.
>
> I need a webpage that displays a drop down list of number with a
> checkbox on the side that when checked will select the database again
> only in descending order.
>
> Small database with maybe 100 records.
>
> The user can click the submit button when they have located the correct
> number.
>
> The trick is to make the checkbox trigger a new Select statement.
>
> Thanks.

Use jquery, trigger an ajax request onclick of that checkbox.

--
Nilesh Govindarajan
Site & Server Administrator
From: tedd on
At 8:16 PM -0400 4/11/10, Ernie Kemp wrote:
>Simple idea I thought.
>
>I need a webpage that displays a drop down list of number with a
>checkbox on the side that when checked will select the database
>again only in descending order.
>Small database with maybe 100 records.
>
>The user can click the submit button when they have located the
>correct number.
>
>The trick is to make the checkbox trigger a new Select statement.
>
>Thanks.

Ernie:

<form name="myForm" action="" >
<input type="checkbox" name="sort" id="sort" onClick="getData(this)" >
</form>

The javascript getData() will have to launch a php script to get the
data again OR you can simply sort the data yourself using sort().

Here's another idea using jQuery:

http://webbytedd.com/jquery/sortable-table/

Cheers,

tedd

--
-------
http://sperling.com http://ancientstones.com http://earthstones.com
From: "Ernie Kemp" on
Thanks for your thoughts. Ajax is the way to go...

Thanks,
..../Ernie

At 8:16 PM -0400 4/11/10, Ernie Kemp wrote:
>Simple idea I thought.
>
>I need a webpage that displays a drop down list of number with a
>checkbox on the side that when checked will select the database
>again only in descending order.
>Small database with maybe 100 records.
>
>The user can click the submit button when they have located the
>correct number.
>
>The trick is to make the checkbox trigger a new Select statement.
>
>Thanks.

Ernie:

<form name="myForm" action="" >
<input type="checkbox" name="sort" id="sort" onClick="getData(this)" >
</form>

The javascript getData() will have to launch a php script to get the
data again OR you can simply sort the data yourself using sort().

Here's another idea using jQuery:

http://webbytedd.com/jquery/sortable-table/

Cheers,

tedd