From: Magnus Anderson on

Hello!

I have a little problem with my installation of PHP 5.2.11 on my Windows
Vista machine.
I've installed PHP from the Installation package located at PHP.net and I
have made it install all modules for it. In my "C:\Program Files\PHP\ext"
folder there are, among other files, a file called "php_mbstring.dll".

In my PHP.ini file I have among other lines, these two lines:
extension_dir ="C:\Program Files\PHP\ext"
extension=php_mbstring.dll

This seems like it should work for me, but it does not.

php -m reveales these modules:
------------------------
[PHP Modules]
bcmath
calendar
com_dotnet
ctype
date
dom
filter
ftp
hash
iconv
imap
json
libxml
mcrypt
mysql
odbc
pcre
Reflection
session
SimpleXML
SPL
standard
tokenizer
wddx
xml
xmlreader
xmlwriter
zlib

[Zend Modules]

What I can tell from the manual at
http://se2.php.net/manual/en/mbstring.installation.php there are nothing
that I need to install prior to the installation of mbstring functionality
of PHP.

Can someone please tell me what I could do to make this work, I need
mbstring support for my local development enviroment that I have on my
windows machine.