From: "Kristijan Marin" on
Hi,

I'm experiencing very slow performance of my php scripts ... At first and
for a long time I thought it was Oracle

fault cause I didn't use binding (I rewrote the code ), but the performance
is still bad.

So I tested my sql statement and did some time measurement and found out
that Oracle can fetch 300 records in less

then 2 seconds, but PHP needs 210seconds ... to display it to the user ....
I'm using default php.ini

I have a horizontal menu with buttons to switch pages ..... and just
switching pages takes time with minimum or no oracle interactions.

My php version: 5.2.6

OS: Windows XP sP3 and Windows Server 2008

Testing it in PHPEd using internal PHPEd server and FastCGI ... and also on
Windows 2008 server in IIS ...same results .... both using the same
php.ini....

Would anyone know what could be the cause of this ?

Any hit is appreciated.

Kris

From: "Kristijan Marin" on
one more thing ... I use lot of includes in the code to display some
specific content....
BR,
Kris

From: kranthi on
have you tried using a profiler like xdebug? or may be it is not a php
issue at all..
i find https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1843 to be
helpful in these situations
From: Al on

On 4/10/2010 9:07 PM, Kristijan Marin wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I'm experiencing very slow performance of my php scripts ... At first and
> for a long time I thought it was Oracle
>
> fault cause I didn't use binding (I rewrote the code ), but the performance
> is still bad.
>
> So I tested my sql statement and did some time measurement and found out
> that Oracle can fetch 300 records in less
>
> then 2 seconds, but PHP needs 210seconds ... to display it to the user ....
> I'm using default php.ini
>

> I have a horizontal menu with buttons to switch pages ..... and just
> switching pages takes time with minimum or no oracle interactions.
>

> My php version: 5.2.6
>
> OS: Windows XP sP3 and Windows Server 2008
>

> Testing it in PHPEd using internal PHPEd server and FastCGI ... and also on
> Windows 2008 server in IIS ...same results .... both using the same
> php.ini....
>

> Would anyone know what could be the cause of this ?
>

> Any hit is appreciated.
>

> Kris

Use microtime() and record execution times at various points in your script.
Save the times and its corresponding script line number in a string, with
suitable formating <br />s etc. At the end of the script, echo it.

Incidentally, are you echo-ing output to the client as the info is available, or
using output buffering? Will make big difference if you are sending a lot of
output pieces.