From: Manolis Vlachakis on
Hallo there everyone,
i am using a command on the server (kinit)and after that a password is
required to type in
the thing is that i would like that to be done automaticaly from the php
code!
i found that one
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1...-prompt-in-php<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/187736/command-line-password-prompt-in-php>

but is not what i want(and is not working)

i thought something like
*
*

1. fwrite and then the$_SERVER['password here']

and then use the Post method to be writen on the prompt but i am not quite
sure whta to do ..

--
Manolis Vlachakis

Nelly's Family Hotel
Visit : www.nellys-hotel.gr
www.nellys.gr
Skype : manolis.vlachakis
From: Ashley Sheridan on
On Mon, 2010-03-29 at 10:38 +0300, Manolis Vlachakis wrote:

> Hallo there everyone,
> i am using a command on the server (kinit)and after that a password is
> required to type in
> the thing is that i would like that to be done automaticaly from the php
> code!
> i found that one
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1...-prompt-in-php<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/187736/command-line-password-prompt-in-php>
>
> but is not what i want(and is not working)
>
> i thought something like
> *
> *
>

> 1. fwrite and then the$_SERVER['password here']
>

> and then use the Post method to be writen on the prompt but i am not quite
> sure whta to do ..

Most command line functions expect the password to be typed in over
stdin, which you can include in the call to the command line using a
pipe:

exec("echo 'password' | /usr/sbin/function function_args");

Thanks,
Ash
http://www.ashleysheridan.co.uk

From: Manolis Vlachakis on
Thanks a lot for your reply,
by mentioning
/usr/sbin/function function_args

you mean the file that runs and requires the password?
from what i had in mind i tried to use the args and argv attributes i used
in linux
but i couldn't make it !

Thanks again

From: Ashley Sheridan on
On Mon, 2010-03-29 at 11:13 +0300, Manolis Vlachakis wrote:

> Thanks a lot for your reply,
> by mentioning
> /usr/sbin/function function_args
>
> you mean the file that runs and requires the password?
> from what i had in mind i tried to use the args and argv attributes i used
> in linux
> but i couldn't make it !
>
> Thanks again
>

> On 29 March 2010 10:58, Ashley Sheridan <ash(a)ashleysheridan.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 2010-03-29 at 10:38 +0300, Manolis Vlachakis wrote:
> >

> > Hallo there everyone,
> > i am using a command on the server (kinit)and after that a password is
> > required to type in
> > the thing is that i would like that to be done automaticaly from the php
> > code!
> > i found that one
> > http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1...-prompt-in-php<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/187736/command-line-password-prompt-in-php>
> >
> > but is not what i want(and is not working)
> >
> > i thought something like
> > *
> > *
> >

> > 1. fwrite and then the$_SERVER['password here']
> >

> > and then use the Post method to be writen on the prompt but i am not quite
> > sure whta to do ..
> >

> > Most command line functions expect the password to be typed in over stdin,
> > which you can include in the call to the command line using a pipe:
> >
> > exec("echo 'password' | /usr/sbin/function function_args");
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Ash
> > http://www.ashleysheridan.co.uk

Yeah, function would just be the util you're running with exec, which
I've found it's always better to give the absolute path to. I think you
can still pipe stuff across your way.

From: Manolis Vlachakis on
did it but it seems that is not working..
do you think because it requires the 'enter' to be given after the password
is required...