From: Chris Rebert on
On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 1:45 AM, Navid Parvini <parvini_navid(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I want to convert a .png file to .xpm using PIL. I used the following command:
> Image.open( "t1.png").save("a1.xpm"). But it doesn't work and I could not convert it.
>
> Would you please help me and let me know that how can I convert/save .xpm files in PIL.

PIL only supports reading .XPM, not writing .XPM:
http://www.pythonware.com/library/pil/handbook/format-xpm.htm

Cheers,
Chris
--
http://blog.rebertia.com
From: GrayShark on
As we seem to be at an impasse with respect to PIL and xpm, I know gimp
does support saving as xpm and that gimp has a python language console.
Perhaps parvini_navid(a)yahoo.com, could look to the gimp mailing list for
help?

Steven