From: trungnl on

I am writting a firmware to connect an embedded USB host with the Prolific
PL2303 USB-RS232 chip. The PL2303 chip is used to get data from some
RS232-enabled devices and then transfer these data to the USB host. Now I
need detailed information about PL2303's specification and operation, to
develope the appropriate driver for it.
I have been searching for some PL2303 driver or programming guides but
haven't found any of them yet.

Has anybody worked with PL2303 ? Please give me some help !

Thanks,
N.L.Trung
From: Meindert Sprang on
"trungnl" <ngolamtrung(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message

> I am writting a firmware to connect an embedded USB host with the Prolific
> PL2303 USB-RS232 chip. The PL2303 chip is used to get data from some
> RS232-enabled devices and then transfer these data to the USB host. Now I
> need detailed information about PL2303's specification and operation, to
> develope the appropriate driver for it.
> I have been searching for some PL2303 driver or programming guides but
> haven't found any of them yet.
>
> Has anybody worked with PL2303 ? Please give me some help !

If you are lucky, you *could* get the API from Prolific. FTDI offers a
similar service under NDA.

Meindert

From: trungnl on

>If you are lucky, you *could* get the API from Prolific. FTDI offers a
>similar service under NDA.
>
>Meindert

Thanks Meindert,
May be that API is the exact thing I need now.
Can you tell me how to get the PL2303's API ?

Thank you very much,
N.L.Trung
From: Michael N. Moran on
trungnl wrote:
> Has anybody worked with PL2303 ? Please give me some help !

When I wrote a driver for this chip, I gleaned the apparently
reverse-engineered interface information from the appropriate
Linux device driver.

--
Michael N. Moran (h) 770 516 7918
5009 Old Field Ct. (c) 678 521 5460

"So often times it happens, that we live our lives in chains
and we never even know we have the key."
The Eagles, "Already Gone"

The Beatles were wrong: 1 & 1 & 1 is 1

From: Meindert Sprang on

Well, here's what I wrote earlier:
> >If you are lucky, you *could* get the API from Prolific.
So, contact Prolific...

Meindert