From: msnyc07 on
I know, I know, it is *my* fault, of course. Now that we've got that out of
the way:

PLEASE MAKE AN APPLICATION THAT DOESN'T CRASH EVERY DAY.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=37c3977b-a613-4b6f-9ac0-03e0b5f6f863&dg=microsoft.public.excel.misc
From: Bob I on

Are you willing to have someone properly set up your computer? 100's of
millions of people don't have Excel crash.

From: msnyc07 on
Sure, it is me, not Excel. Funny how my graphics, high-end animation, audio,
text, music, etc. etc. etc. apps don't crash. Why is it everytime something
goes wrong with this app someone (MS employee? 'Expert') tells me/someone how
it is our fault; Manual calculation isn't *really* and one should know to
NOT take that at face value. Select-All isn't *really* and one should know
that. Freeze Panes unfreezes with Split Window (a coincidence of events one
would not necessarily connect) it is our fault.

I've worked on and set up high-end Unix platforms with nary a problem. I
shouldn't have to know how to (let alone that I should) open the hood and
poke around to get standard operations to work, nor should I have to
tweak/modify my pc to make sure Excel does not crash every day. Appears my
choice is to either use it to total my shopping list or to become a Microsoft
Certified Expert. Those shouldn't be my choices in order to get a stable
experience and/or standard operations.

And you know what? When the reply points at the user each time that should
be a red flag about the product.

From: Bob I on
Please do come back when you want to solve the issue with your
installation, as all you're doing is trolling so far.

From: Charles Williams on
Its very easy to make a simple application that won't ever crash.
Its not humanly possible to make a complex multi-million lines of code
app that will never crash.

>PLEASE MAKE AN APPLICATION THAT DOESN'T CRASH EVERY DAY.

I have been using Excel on complex models every day for many years and
it crashes occasionally (a few times a year).
If the crashes are repeatable its usually trivial to bypass.

If you want help let us know what are the circumstances that cause
your every-day crashes.

By the way the readers and users of this newsgroup did not make Excel.