From: emmim44 on
Hi,

I have installed cfx_excelQuery [ into web-inf\lib\ ], and registered the tag
then extracted the zip[ poi-2.5.1-final-20040804 ] into \web-inf\lib\ ...Then
restarted the CF service ..still I am getting this...I am using CF server
6,1,0,63958 on windows 2000 server..

Object Instantiation Exception.
Class not found: org.apache.poi.hssf.usermodel.HSSFWorkbook

The error occurred in D:\CFusionMX\wwwroot\1.cfm: line 12

10 : <cfscript>
11 : fis = createObject("java",
"java.io.FileInputStream").init("c:\template.xls");
12 : wb = createObject("java",
"org.apache.poi.hssf.usermodel.HSSFWorkbook").init(fis);
13 : sheetNumber = wb.getSheetIndex("Sheet1");
14 : fis.close();
</script>
<cfdump var="#sheetNumber#">

From: insuractive on
I'm not sure if this helps or not, but in CFMX7 the class comes in the
directory:

C:\CFusionMX7\lib instead of \web-inf\lib

you could try moving it to the corresponding directory in the CFusionMX folder
for 6.1.

From: ksmith on
Hi em,
I tested your cfscript with poi-2.5.1-final-20040804.jar installed as follows:
in cfusionmx\lib - code works
in cfusionmx and added to classpath in jvm.config - code works
in cfusionmx\wwwroot\WEB-INF\lib - code works

I followed up with expanding the jar into WEB-INF\lib and the code failed,
just as with yours. So, install the jar without expanding its contents and you
should be good to go.

From: emmim44 on
Thank u man.

so you are suggesting me to install the jar into mx/lib folder and then change the JVM accordingly ?

Thanks