From: Twayne on
PS re the Subject line: You do not "clone" XP to a drive. A "clone" IS a
hard drive that contains the operating system. What you do is replace a bad
drive with a "cloned" drive, and in theory it will start right up.
Your problem could be in your understanding of what you're trying to
achieve. Whatever it is, it is not "cloning ... back to your HD".

HTH,

Twayne`

In news:0461e6b1-9f07-42a2-b5e1-da8daaf4969c(a)r1g2000yqb.googlegroups.com,
Carl <carlhammel1(a)gmail.com> typed:

From: Tim Meddick on
Twayne,
The OP has a NetBook - no cd\dvd drive - no floppy.
(or I would have suggested using a Bart's PE cd....)

He has gone to some trouble to get Recovery Console on a USB drive and can boot and
load RC from that.

I would have thought - and here's the problem - that the RC command - FIXMBR - should
have over-written, and got rid of, the <grub> loader....

But it refuses to budge!

==