From: Randy Yates on
dbd <dbd(a)ieee.org> writes:
> [...]
> [1] Marple, S.L., Jr., “A tutorial overview of modern spectral
> estimation”,
> Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing, volume 4, 23-26,
> Page(s):2152 - 2157, May 1989
> available at:
> http://www.cactus.org/~benjamin/X/marple.pdf

Oh. So Steve's comment is about spectral estimators, while the
OP was discussing the analytical PSD?
--
Randy Yates % "Ticket to the moon, flight leaves here today
Digital Signal Labs % from Satellite 2"
From: Steve Pope on
Randy Yates <yates(a)ieee.org> wrote:

>Oh. So Steve's comment is about spectral estimators, while the
>OP was discussing the analytical PSD?

At least the first half of your sentence is correct.

Steve
From: Randy Yates on
spope33(a)speedymail.org (Steve Pope) writes:

> Randy Yates <yates(a)ieee.org> wrote:
>
>>Oh. So Steve's comment is about spectral estimators, while the
>>OP was discussing the analytical PSD?
>
> At least the first half of your sentence is correct.

You really think, given the immaturity of the OP's original question, he
was referring to estimators? Wow.
--
Randy Yates % "Bird, on the wing,
Digital Signal Labs % goes floating by
From: Steve Pope on
Randy Yates <yates(a)ieee.org> wrote:

>spope33(a)speedymail.org (Steve Pope) writes:

>> Randy Yates <yates(a)ieee.org> wrote:

>>>Oh. So Steve's comment is about spectral estimators, while the
>>>OP was discussing the analytical PSD?
>>
>> At least the first half of your sentence is correct.

>You really think, given the immaturity of the OP's original question, he
>was referring to estimators? Wow.

Actually, no I did not think that. I was merely indulging in random
thread drift.

Steve
From: dbd on
On May 5, 8:22 pm, Randy Yates <ya...(a)ieee.org> wrote:
> dbd <d...(a)ieee.org> writes:
> > [...]
>
> Oh. So Steve's comment is about spectral estimators, while the
> OP was discussing the analytical PSD?
> --
> Randy Yates

Randy
I make no claim to understand what the OP is intending to talk about
in this thread. And I was going with the drift.

fisico32
You might get better answers if you told us what you are reading so we
can better guess what you are intending to ask.

Dale B. Dalrymple