From: Susan in Sacramento on
I need to configure pallets of varying sizes & weight into a container. The
Containers are 53 by 8 feet long and can carry approximately 45,000 lbs.
Below is the pallets that need to be put into containers. I need something
that will return the best breakdown of what to put in a container; container
1, 2, 3 etc:

ITEM # Pallet Weight ea
270 4 1883
271 14 2038
404 6 2434
253 20 1040
286 2 2771
255 8 2267

From: Luke M on
Take a good look at the Solver Add-in. It may take some work to setup, but
its very good at solving criteira based scenarios.

--
Best Regards,

Luke M
"Susan in Sacramento" <SusaninSacramento(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:F67A5C84-F96A-4DD8-937D-C56813435666(a)microsoft.com...

From: Jim Cone on
You didn't specify the pallet size.
Can the pallets be stacked.
Do you want to maximize the weight or volume of pallets in the container.
Do some pallets have to be shipped together.
Do the heavier pallets have to be up front or ?
Other considerations ?
--
Try this...
http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=configure+pallets+into+a+container+excel