From: Roman Schreiber on
hello,

I wrote about my new Palm TX, which crashes and locks completely when I turn
on Wi-Fi. In some forum I read that this could be caused by crappy soldering
on the Palm's manboard. Is this possible?
Has anyone experience in this case?

Thanks
Roman

From: Richard B. Gilbert on
Roman Schreiber wrote:
> hello,
>
> I wrote about my new Palm TX, which crashes and locks completely when I turn
> on Wi-Fi. In some forum I read that this could be caused by crappy soldering
> on the Palm's manboard. Is this possible?

Yes!

I'd check with the dealer and/or the manufacturer for service under
warranty!

Attempting to repair it yourself will void the warranty and may fail to
fix the problem.
From: Roman Schreiber on

"Richard B. Gilbert" <rgilbert88(a)comcast.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Roman Schreiber wrote:
>> hello,
>>
>> I wrote about my new Palm TX, which crashes and locks completely when I
>> turn on Wi-Fi. In some forum I read that this could be caused by crappy
>> soldering on the Palm's manboard. Is this possible?
>
> Yes!
>
> I'd check with the dealer and/or the manufacturer for service under
> warranty!
>
> Attempting to repair it yourself will void the warranty and may fail to
> fix the problem.

Hi!

I know. The problem is, that I sit in Europe, and the dealer in the USA.
Sending it back and then again back again to me + paying custom fees to me
would cost me about $ 100.00 or more. So I want try to repair it by myself.
I have very fine soldering equipment and long year experience in soldering
fine structures. If I kill the mainboard, I could buy a used TX and
transplant the mainboard. I'm angry because the dealer said that he
double-checked the device befor he sent it, but he didn't carefully. If he
had turned Wi-Fi on, he would have realized that the OS crashes and locks
completely. I read that crashes due to Wi-Fi operations are very common at
Palm TXes. Very strange, isn't it?

Regards,
Roman

From: DevilsPGD on
In message <107ff$4b9f3d34$d429fc95$7839(a)news.inode.at> "Roman
Schreiber" <romanschreiber(a)gmx.at> was claimed to have wrote:

>Sending it back and then again back again to me + paying custom fees to me
>would cost me about $ 100.00 or more.

There shouldn't be any duty or tax for products being shipped to/from a
repair depo, duty is only paid once per product and the product can
generally cross borders freely.