From: Rakko on
Is there a program out there that can run diagnostic tests on a Palm
(specifically a TX running PalmOS 5.4.9)?

Throughout the life of my Palm I've had trouble with several third-party
apps causing reboots. I just replaced its battery after a long time of
not using it, and all the built-in apps seem to work fine; but I've
installed a few new apps and played around with some third-party apps I
had before but didn't ever use much, and some of them freeze or cause
reboots.

I also had Blazer freeze once, which it never did before. When I
rebooted it, it showed the startup screens two or three times before
fully rebooting into Prefs.

Long story short: I'm wondering if my TX has some physical problems
causing these freezes and reboots, or if it's just buggy third-party
software (and some sort of fluke with Blazer). Is there a way I can test
things like memory and other parts of the hardware?
From: Richard B. Gilbert on
Rakko wrote:
> Is there a program out there that can run diagnostic tests on a Palm
> (specifically a TX running PalmOS 5.4.9)?
>
> Throughout the life of my Palm I've had trouble with several third-party
> apps causing reboots. I just replaced its battery after a long time of
> not using it, and all the built-in apps seem to work fine; but I've
> installed a few new apps and played around with some third-party apps I
> had before but didn't ever use much, and some of them freeze or cause
> reboots.
>
> I also had Blazer freeze once, which it never did before. When I
> rebooted it, it showed the startup screens two or three times before
> fully rebooting into Prefs.
>
> Long story short: I'm wondering if my TX has some physical problems
> causing these freezes and reboots, or if it's just buggy third-party
> software (and some sort of fluke with Blazer). Is there a way I can test
> things like memory and other parts of the hardware?

If you remove all the buggy third-party software, do you still get
freezes and reboots?

If it works, add your third-party software one application at a time.
When the freezes and reboots start, you have found (one of) the
application(s) causing the problem(s)!